2020 has been an extremely trying year. As the world reopens its borders, it is no secret that Singapore is following suit, prudently, as we revitalize our economy and open our borders to essential travelers. We continue our series of articles by providing an update on how changes in regulations have shaped the car rental services industry in Singapore and will continue to offer insight into the measures taking place to ensure that safety precautions are being adhered to ensure safety of our customers and employees.
Here is a timeline of the development of travel and social restrictions since the start of Phase 2 of Safe Re-opening in Singapore.
- June 8th, 2020: China became the first country to establish the Bilateral Green Lane with Singapore.
- August 17, 2020: Malaysia followed suit, allowing Malaysian residents to travel between the two countries for business under the Reciprocal Green Lane and Periodic Commuting Arrangement Schemes.
- September 1st, 2020: Singapore allowed essential travel, including studying overseas, to Brunei and New Zealand. Brunei has agreed to the Reciprocal Green Lane Scheme to facilitate essential business travel.
- September 4, 2020: essential travel to South Korea began.
- September 18, 2020: Japan followed suit with Green Lane Scheme.
- September 23, 2020: A new business pass was piloted to allow senior executives in Singapore with regional or international duties who needed to travel overseas regularly for official purposes.
- October 8, 2020: Singapore to unilaterally lift border restrictions to visitors from Australia (excluding Victoria state) and Vietnam.
[Source: The Straits Times]
Social Gatherings Restriction Timeline:
- June 1st, 2020: Last day of circuit breaker.
- June 19, 2020: Dining-in permitted, and households were allowed to receive a maximum of 5 visitors.
- August 4, 2020: Marriage solemnization expanded to 50, previously from 20. For wakes and funerals, gathering size expanded to 30, previously from 20.
- September 1, 2020: More public spaces, parks, HDB common areas open up for outdoor exercises.
- September 11, 2020: Small scale live performances piloted.
- October 1st, 2020: Singapore Tourism Board to accept applications for organizers to pilot meetings, conventions and exhibitions of up to 250 people.
- October 3, 2020: All religious institutions can conduct services of up to 100 people.
- October 17, 2020: Visitors who wish to visit Sentosa’s beaches during peak periods (weekends and holidays), would have to make reservations first.
[Source: The Straits Times]
With the gradual opening of borders and easing of restrictions, the demand for car rental services would definitely be on the rise. As the economy slowly crawls back to its glory days, many experience lifestyle changes in the past couple of months and it’s possibly worth contemplating whether signing up for a short term car rental package or long term car rental package could suit your new lifestyle post circuit breaker.
How Has BizLink Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd. Been Keeping Our Employees and Customers Safe?
At BizLink Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd., your safety and that of our staff are a key priority. As our lives slowly return to a new normal, here are some measures that we have taken to ensure that you enjoy a safe car rental experience and allow you to feel rest assured in the process.
Booking of Your Rental Car
- Peruse our car rental fleet on our website. Should you request for additional images, you may email our contact staff to obtain more detailed information to ensure that the rental car meets to your expectation.
- Done through contactless means (email, call, online appointment)
Collecting Your Rental Car
- We adhere to social distancing measures from the Ministry of Health
- Bottles of hand sanitizers are available on site
- Demarcated clear social distancing floor markings for both customers and employees to comply
- Paperless rental agreements and check out reports done
- Various contact payment modes (e.g. bank transfers, contactless credit cards or PayNow), providing you with a fast, safe and highly secure way of making payment.
Returning of Rental Cars
- High touch areas are disinfected before the car is moved to the holding facility where a more thorough cleaning is done to protect both staff and customers from cross contamination and contracting of the virus.
Maintenance of Rental Cars
- We use disinfectants that are effective against the virus. Wipe downs and thorough cleanings are done before and after each rental.
- Special attention during cleaning were paid to high contact areas like the steering wheels, door handles and grips, dashboard, radio dials, centre consoles, keys and the interior and exterior of car
Renting a car with BizLink Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd.
BizLink Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd. provides a range of budget car rental services that suit your individual or corporate needs. Whether it is a short term car rental or a long term car rental, or even a request for a chauffeur drive service, our team is dedicated in serving you, providing you with the best car rental experience while ensuring safety for all. To know more about our rental fleet and services that we can provide, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly sales associates at BizLink Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd and they will strive to understand your preferences and work out the most suitable rental package for you.