What you need when Renting a Car with a Foreign License
- Minimum 23 years of age
- NRIC / Driver’s License
- Debit/Credit Card (American Express, VISA or Mastercard)
- Minimum 2 years of driving experience
What are the requirements for an Expat to lease a car in Singapore?
LESS THAN 12 MONTHS
MORE THAN 12 MONTHS
Converting a Foreign Driving License
STEP 1: PASS THE SINGAPORE BASIC THEORY TEST:
815 Bukit Batok West Ave 5, Singapore 659085
Contact Number: 6561 1233
2, Woodlands Industrial Park E4, Singapore 757387
Contact Number: 6482 6060
205 Ubi Ave 4, Singapore 408805
Contact Number: 6841 8900
STEP 2: APPLYING FOR CONVERSION
- Original and a photocopy of your passport and NRIC/entry permit/employment pass/dependent pass/social visit pass/work permit
- Original and a photocopy of a valid foreign driving license
- A recent matte passport-sized colour photograph of you with a white background, eyes looking straight with both ears and eyebrows visible in the photograph. Other than for religious purposes, no headgear should be worn, and glasses worn should not be tinted.
- A processing fee of $50 (payment made by CashCard or NETS only).
- If your foreign driving license is not in English, you need to have an international driving permit or an official translation of your driving license in English obtained from the relevant Embassy, High Commission or any translation companies registered in Singapore. (Translation is not required for licenses issued by Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia).
- If your foreign driving license does not have the 1st date of issue, you need to obtain an extract of driving license record from the Licensing Authority.
- Foreign Driving License must be obtained prior to the issuance of your Work Pass/Dependent Pass/Student Pass, etc.
If you are holding on to a foreign driving license that has expired with your foreign visa, you have to obtain a written extract from the foreign license-issuing authority. The extract has to include the following details:
- Passing date of your driving test
- Date of issue of your foreign driving license
- Class of license attained
- Your driving record
It’s important to note that you must register for the BTT test within three months of returning to Singapore.
Issuance of License
Car Rental Services for Foreigners in Singapore
Click here to view our available car rental models.